Welcome to my practice in Stroud and Bradford on Avon.
We all need to make time to look after ourselves, away from the many roles we have at work and at home. We are all worthy of attention, care and affirmation. Sometimes we need an outside perspective to free us when we are stuck.
I offer psychotherapy and counselling in a safe, confidential environment and relationship where clients are supported to discover and develop their inner resources.
Many clients say they leave feeling lighter, less alone, more optimistic and better equipped to manage the rest of their lives. I know that therapy has helped me personally to build resilience in tough times, and feel more alive and connected with myself and others.
Areas of expertise and interest include:
- Bereavement and loss
- Transitions and change
- Relationships and sexual issues
- Building self-confidence
- Anxiety and panic attacks
- Issues around food and body image
- Compulsive behaviour
- Support for carers, relatives and friends of loved ones with serious illness, including Alzheimer's
- Work issues
- Improving communication and 'people skills'
- Meeting the challenges of living abroad
- Anger management
- General personal development, including increasing one's sense of satisfaction with life
If you're interested in working with me but travel to Stroud or Bradford on Avon isn't convenient, I also offer telephone or Skype sessions. These are worth trying even if you are skeptical about how effective they can be - as I once was, until I experienced them for myself! Please see the Where I work page or contact me for details.
Registered with Counselling Directory - click on link to see profile
Humanistic Psychotherapy and Counselling for Wiltshire, Somerset and Gloucestershire